Call for Presentations
Pyramid Atlantic seeks presenters for its 13th biennial Book Arts Fair. These events will be held on
November 15–16, 2014 at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center and should last approximately 45 minutes.
Presenters receive free entrance to the book arts fair, conference, and an invitation to the artist party
on Saturday evening. Presentations can be conceived as either speaker or demonstration:
- • Time slots: 9:30 – 11:45 am (not concurrent with Book Arts Fair exhibition hall hours)
- • Venue: upstairs gallery at Pyramid Atlantic
- • Projector available
- • Time slots: 1:00 – 4:45 pm (concurrent with Book Arts Fair exhibition hall hours)
- • Can be a hands-on workshop
- • Venue: Pyramid Atlantic art studios
- • Equipment, supplies and studio assistants available
Preference will be given to presenters who consider this year’s theme: Outside the Margin.
- • Narrative in motion: Can a book be temporary and in the now?
- • Graphic arts and the fleeting narrative.
- • Out of focus, the fading storyline.
- • Pulling from the past to reimagine the future.
- • Altering book and print to create new meaning.
- • Perception of the traditional book in a technological era.
- • Open interpretation of book and print outside the margin.